I love pasta. It's something that I could eat each and every day, and never get sick of it. E and I have reached a good balance of eating pasta though - this was the first time in a few weeks we had some! I was excited to make this meal because I just bought a new 5-quart skillet. I think I've used it every day this past week. We have always had one about half that size, and let me just say, it is incredibly hard to combine pasta and the remaining ingredients of a meal when the skillet is overflowing. Making this meal in our new skillet was so nice!
This week, I made Cream Tomato Tortellini with Sausage. E said this was a keeper, although he says that about most dishes we make. But I have to agree with him on this one. The sauce was just the right amount of creamy, and you can't go wrong with tortellini and sausage! The major change we made to this recipe from Taste of Home was that E grilled the sausage for me instead of cooking it in the skillet prior to adding the diced tomatoes and spinach.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we did! A quick, easy, and delicious meal!
Prep/Total Time: 25 minutes Yield: 6 servings
- 1 package (19 oz.) tortellini
- 2 cooked Italian sausage links, sliced (approx. 3 oz. each)
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 package (6 oz.) fresh spinach
- 4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Grill Italian sausage. When fully cooked, slice.
- Add tomatoes, spinach, and cooked sausage to large nonstick skillet, cook and stir until spinach wilts.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Drain tortellini; add to sausage mixture. Toss to combine
Adapted from Taste of Home Sept./Oct. 2013 magazine